Nintendo Gaming Community: Dα♥ ~ Daughters of the Amazon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you want everybody to be treated the same, regardless of their gender?

Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Vote_lcap100%Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 6 ]
Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Vote_lcap0%Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Empty Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists!

Post by Aditya Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:43 am

As well all know, many celebrities out there only search for fame, pride and money. But are there actually celebrities out there that want to make a positive change to the world, and the way how we live our lives? Yes, tons of them. Take the example of Emma Watson.

Emma Watson is a British actor, mainly known as her role in Harry Potter Series as Hermione Granger. She support feminism, which means that she wants everybody to have the same rights, regardless of their gender. In my eyes, she's a pretty young lady that knows what she's fighting for, she's determined and willing to give up everything she's got. She's not one of those fame seeking celebrities, such as Kim Kardashian (lol!). So, what are your opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists? Leave a reply down below, and tell me! 

You can also vote in the poll whether you think that everybody should be treated in the same way, regardless of their gender! Thanks for your opinions! :D

~ Opal ~

Last edited by Opal on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled "poll" and changed the poll topic in the concluding paragraph.)

Aditya
Aditya
User

MKW War FC : 0861 6009 1404

https://www.youtube.com/user/cricketguyable Aditya_jaksani

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Empty Re: Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists!

Post by Scarlett Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:49 am

Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Main-qimg-50e786d70f5e94aed46d469f78b2d6c6?convert_to_webp=true

Scarlett
Scarlett
Global Mod

MKW War FC : 5417-6595-6393

cody64ac

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Empty Re: Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists!

Post by Katherine Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:50 am

I don't think the world should be completely gender-less, but I think there needs to be more similarities and rights between the genders and less contrast and restrictions.

Who the hell is it harming when a guy is in a dress? Drag shows should not be the only place where males can dress up in "feminine" attire.

I say "feminine" because I think certain clothes marketed towards females should just be for both genders. Same with "feminine" colors and products.

Katherine
Katherine
Admin

MKW War FC : 0690-0622-1398
NNID NNID : Maidvelia
3DS FC : 1220-6179-1060
Wii # Wii # : 6640-6560-8146-9145

https://daughtersoftheamazon.forumotion.com https://pinterest.com/maidvelia https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/KingDecimator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 am

Scarlett wrote:
Opinions on Emma Watson/other feminists! Main-qimg-50e786d70f5e94aed46d469f78b2d6c6?convert_to_webp=true
Haha, true!

Aditya
Aditya
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:53 am

Katherine wrote:I don't think the world should be completely gender-less, but I think there needs to be more similarities and rights between the genders and less contrast and restrictions.

Who the hell is it harming when a guy is in a dress? Drag shows should not be the only place where males can dress up in "feminine" attire.

I say "feminine" because I think certain clothes marketed towards females should just be for both genders. Same with "feminine" colors and products.

Exactly what I was thinking! I feel a bit uncomfortable now about the wage-gap between males and females. Both genders are doing the same job, yet the female gets 80% of what the male gets, which is ridiculous in my opinion.
A fun video about what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm3YfMtgEdI

Aditya
Aditya
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlie Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:06 am

My opinion on Emma Watson is; she's a great role model, however, I can see some people losing track of the meaning of feminism and getting out of hand like the top part of Scarlett's picture. 

Basically when feminists take it the wrong way and get out of hand, personally, all I'm seeing is the girls wanting more control and the girls wanting all the power, which isn't right what so ever. In all, the females shouldn't have to do anything, it's the males that need to realize they're just like the women. 

For what @Katherine said about feminine clothes, colors, and products; It's nothing that should be worth rioting over. Society still thinks a male wearing a dress or painting their nails means they're homosexual which is not true. Meanwhile, when a female wears boxer briefs made for males, it's attractive. That's society for you. BTW I've never thought of any color being more male or more female. Pink is a mixture of red and white. The only thing that happened was them getting mixed up. Lol. When someone tells me I chose a girly color, you better believe I'm gonna put down a fight.

Those are my thoughts! :p

Karlie
Karlie
Global Mod

MKW War FC : 2536 8116 5809

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/joel.177 joe.177

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:15 am

Karlie wrote:My opinion on Emma Watson is; she's a great role model, however, I can see some people losing track of the meaning of feminism and getting out of hand like the top part of Scarlett's picture. 

Basically when feminists take it the wrong way and get out of hand, personally, all I'm seeing is the girls wanting more control and the girls wanting all the power, which isn't right what so ever. In all, the females shouldn't have to do anything, it's the males that need to realize they're just like the women. 

For what @Katherine said about feminine clothes, colors, and products; It's nothing that should be worth rioting over. Society still thinks a male wearing a dress or painting their nails means they're homosexual which is not true. Meanwhile, when a female wears boxer briefs made for males, it's attractive. That's society for you. BTW I've never thought of any color being more male or more female. Pink is a mixture of red and white. The only thing that happened was them getting mixed up. Lol. When someone tells me I chose a girly color, you better believe I'm gonna put down a fight.

Wow, that was perfectly summarised! I agree with every single thing that you just said, Karlie!

Aditya
Aditya
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlie Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:26 pm

Opal wrote:
Karlie wrote:My opinion on Emma Watson is; she's a great role model, however, I can see some people losing track of the meaning of feminism and getting out of hand like the top part of Scarlett's picture. 

Wow, that was perfectly summarised! I agree with every single thing that you just said, Karlie!
Thanks haha

Karlie
Karlie
Global Mod

MKW War FC : 2536 8116 5809

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/joel.177 joe.177

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Emma Watson is just naturally awesome because of her role in Harry Potter, I totally have a girl crush on her ^~^ 

But seriously, everyone deserves equal rights. I saw on the news that women are getting paid less than men, simply because of their gender. I mean, wtf is up with that? We're all human, all equal, and I think everyone should be treated equally no matter of their gender, religion, skin colour, etc :)

Connor
User

MKW War FC : 3096 4469 5848

live:spud.lunnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum